Public Relations and Marketing Internship
This position is fit for a motivated, self-driven, self-directed, feminist-minded, boundary pushing adventure consumer who is looking to gain experience in social media and public relations. You will work closely with NMLFF Director of Communications to curate the voice and direction of the NMLFF brand identity. I am looking for an individual who wants to work within the outdoor industry and larger outdoor community to redefine femininity and empower women across the globe. This position gives you the opportunity to learn about branding and marketing within a company that is growing quickly. The majority of your work will be remote and in-person meetings will often require some kind of outdoor activity. I am looking for someone who is up for a challenge, both in the work we are doing and in the outdoors.
This position involves supporting and working with the Director of Communications on a variety of projects. Some things will be small daily tasks, like interacting with Instagram followers; others will be larger, long-term projects. Current goals include expanding our audience on all social channels, fostering partnerships with appropriate companies and continuing to curate the NMLFF brand.
• Must work well with other women.
• Must be flexible and patient; we are young and growing quickly which means growing pains. You need to be able to work within that environment.
• No task is too small; some days you will be commenting on Instagram, others you will be helping to plan events. You need to take on all tasks with enthusiasm.
• Familiar with all aspects of Instagram and Facebook. You will be posting, interacting with the online community and analyzing insights.
• Passion for adventure and fluent in sport-specific vocabulary.
• Self-directed; from the beginning you will be expected to take the initiative and do your work on your own.
• Your voice will be our voice so confidence and knowledge about the outdoor community is key.
• You must be articulate and grammar-conscious as you will be interacting directly with the online community.
• Must have some familiarity with Canva and Adobe Suite as you will be creating content on your own.
• Must have digital marketing experience.
This is an unpaid internship but there will be opportunities to travel for company retreats, screenings and other important events. All travel No Man’s Land related travel will be covered.
Send your resumé and brief cover letter to Dominique at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12/25/2017. The position will be filled and applicants will be notified on 1/1/2018.