Pitchfest is an opportunity for woman-identified filmmakers, storytellers and athletes to come together and pitch their ideas to a panel of judges. Two (2) winners will be awarded the monies from our Film Fund, totaling $2,500 each. The winners' films will be premiered at the No Man's Land Film Festival Flagship Event in Carbondale, CO the following year.
All applicants must have their proposals submitted by midnight MST on August 1, 2018 to be considered. Selected candidates will be invited to attend Pitchfest on September 13th, 2018 in Carbondale, CO. Pitches will be limited to 20 minutes, allowing 10 minutes for further questions. If selected and unable to physically attend Pitchfest, you will need to prepare a quicktime file presentation.
We are interested in projects that:
- incorporate film, photos, words, art or a combination that redefines the narrative of femininity in adventure and sport.
- take audiences to places they’ve never been and tell them stories they’ve never heard.
- challenge the current trend of woman-centric adventure films.
What we expect from our investments:
- regular updates on progress with photos, clips, etc. in addition to a final presentation.
- a willingness to work with No Man's Land to share the story with a larger audience.
- a finalized product submitted by Festival deadlines.
- a thank you credit (on films, promotional materials, etc.).
Letters of Interest (LOIs) must be no longer than 500 words; longer letters will be disqualified. LOIs must be submitted through our online application (see below). Before clicking through to submit your LOI, be prepared to provide the following information:
- project title (or working title).
- applicant's name (must be an individual, not an organization).
- text of LOI (500 words or less).
The text of your LOI should include or address:
- a short description of the project.
- brief information about your experience and that of any important partners.
- how or why the No Man's Land Film Festival's Female Filmmaker Grant is important for your work.
Thank you for your interest in No Man's Land Film Festival's Filmmaker Grant. If you have any additional questions, please email
Aisha Weinhold at firstname.lastname@example.org.